Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Middle East in My Future

Come Hell or Highwater I will be somewhere in the Middle East this August.   I've already told you about my dreams of moving and teaching in Abu Dhabi, but now I'm looking to move to Kuwait.  I recently applied to teach at an American School in Kuwait.  The money is a little less, but the benefits are great.   We are talking life insurance, furnished apartments, paid utilities, transportation to and from work, and not to mention my kids will be able to attend this school for free.  In Abu Dhabi the money is really good and there are tons of things to do.   If I was looking for a social life Abu Dhabi would be the place to be.  However, I need to save some serious money and Kuwait might be the place to do that.  Life seems good in Kuwait but its a dry country.  So I won't be turning it up at the clubs every weekend.  Not to mention the school I've applied for is a brand new school.  Each student has his or her own tablet.  That's what I''m talking about!  

I have interviews coming up next week.  My interview for Abu Dhabi is February 13 and my interview for Kuwait is February 17.  Both are in New York City. 

I'm praying that I get an offer from both, but I really want the one in Kuwait now. 

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment