Sunday, July 27, 2014

Playing The Waiting Game

So I turned in all of my paper work almost 6 weeks ago and now I'm playing the waiting game.   We were told to be prepared to leave around August 17 so I'm not worried yet.   However,  I've gotten my last check from the school board and I still have to live off of that money until the end of September.   So I have decided to just relax in the house with the kids and continue my daily trips to the gym!

While I wait I decided to give you guys a little information about Abu Dhabi. 

Where exactly is Abu Dhabi?  Well Abu Dhabi is located in the Middle East in a country called The United Arab Emirates.  
The United Arab Emirates, often referred to as the U.A.E, is a federation of seven emirates on the eastern side of the Arabian peninsula, at the entrance to the Persian Gulf. It has coastlines on the Gulf of Oman and the Persian Gulf, with Saudi Arabia to the west and southwest, and Oman to the southeast and also on the eastern tip of the Musandam Peninsula as well as an Omani enclave within its borders. It is a country rich in history and culture and an easy starting point for travels in the Middle East.

Is it safe?  Yes, its safer than living in some cities here in the United States.   Have you heard of any unrest in any of the surrounding countries?  

Will you have to cover up?  No,  the U.A.E is not as conservative as some of the other Muslim countries.   As a matter of fact 80% of the residents are foreigners. 


Where exactly will you live?   Well I won't be in the city.  I've accepted a job in the western region of Abu Dhabi in a town called Ruwais.  

Abu Dhabi is made up of 3 regions:  Abu Dhabi,  Al Ain, Al Gharbai.  


 I will be out west near Saudi Arabia and the Rub' Al Khali which is the largest all sand desert in the world.    I will be about a 2 hour drive from Abu Dhabi.   
I don't mind living out west.  I'm a home body and it will give me a chance to save more money.  I do plan on taking trips to the city twice a month!

What do you know about Ruwais? 
Ruwais is a town located some 240 kilometers west of Abu Dhabi city. The Ruwais-industrial and Housing Complex has been developed by ADNOC as a major contributor to the national economy and represents a series of multi-million-dollar investments by the company.
The town is basically owned by the oil company.  In fact my school is owned by the oil company also.  

This is just a little information about the U.A.E.   If you still have questions just google it!

No comments:

Post a Comment